A STORY OF SUCCESS
AIM is a membership organisation, established in 1977 by the Directors of independent museums, who wanted to create a network for mutual help and support which would share good practice and create a voice for the specific needs of the growing independent sector.
Having undergone a successful rebrand and with a renewed sense of direction and revised visual identity, AIM sought a new digital partner to build their new website in-line with these objectives.
Through clear, careful planning and design, GRIT met the brief and can proudly boast that in the first three months following its launch, the new site has seen:
– An 8% decrease in the time it takes users to find the content they’re looking for;
– A 228% increase in the number of newsletter signups, giving access to a much bigger audience
for marketing and engagement purposes;
– New memberships originating from the site on-target to increase by at least 660% compared to
last year – almost unimaginable given their already ubiquitous status in their sector;
– An 80% decrease in the time required by AIM to upload content to their site, meaning a saving
of weeks of admin time over the course of a year;
– The amount of content users are engaging with per visit increased by 49%;
– The number of users finding the site on search engines and visiting it increased by 28%.
So, whilst the stats are extremely positive, what did the client think?
“Dear GRIT team,
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for being such amazing people and for all the help,
support and kindness you have given us at AIM during the website process.
This has been a huge project but one that was really important to us as a charity and I can’t think of
anyone better than you to have worked with (unless Johnny Depp is a web developer on the side…).
The positive feedback I have received today has been overwhelming: our members love it, our
Trustees love it, as staff we all REALLY love it and even Arts Council England, who funded it – love it. Good job all of you.
I have been asked by Tamalie (our Executive Director) to also pass on her appreciation and I am personally extremely grateful to all of you for your help. You have seen the best and worst of me these past few months!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend guys and if there’s anything I can do to support you as a team
and company in the future please don’t hesitate to ask.
– Sassy Hicks, Marketing and Projects Manager, Association of Independent Museums – April 2017